Flownamics® was founded in 1995 to address the growing needs of automation within the biotechnology industry. We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team.
Job Summary: The Manager of Engineering reports directly to the CEO/owner. The selected person will be responsible for managing direct reports across our organization, managing resources, projects, and communication with our customers/vendors. In addition, this position will work with other managers, engineers, and assemblers to prioritize and plan work according to facility requirements.Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily and weekly workloads for our engineering staff and shared interns
- Manage existing and new vendor relationships
- Manage existing and new product documentation
- Work with the product manager and office manager to schedule engineers for installations and demos of Flownamics systems.
- Work with product manager to design and develop new products and OEM integrations
- Assist with the onboarding, development, and training of new applications engineers
- Review engineers’ reports and documentation
- Provide annual reviews for engineering staff
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 3 to 5 years of managing direct reports required
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in the Life Science industry
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Advanced decision making and problem-solving
- Highly independent and efficient work style with versatility and flexibility
- Understanding of technical issues related to the Life Science market with knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and software.
- Strong project management skills and knowledge of project management principles including development, managing, and communicating project schedules.
- Strong leadership, technical, communication, and organization skills in a cross-functional teamwork environment
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude with an understanding of critical systems.